The perfect solution for extending the length of wires when lighting a project. These also make it easy to disconnect/reconnect the wires when a project is moved, or displayed in areas without electrical outlets nearby.
- 1 male and 1 female connector per set. The wires are attached.
- Set includes shrink tube connectors. No need for soldering!
- Length: 14" (28" 71cm total). The wires may be cut and stripped shorter.
- These may be used with 12V, 9V and 3V systems; including round wire systems, a 9V battery, and the 3V power supplies that we offer.
How to use the Wired Connectors
- Push the small pins of these wired connectors into the holes in the other connector.
- Twist the wires on each of the connector ends to the negative and positive wires (red to red, black to black) on the project.
- Add the shrink tubes over the twisted connections and heat them with a hairdryer.
Easily change from a wall adapter to a battery - perfect for transporting projects.
Our wired connectors have a plug in the center that connects using male/female ends.
- Unplug the male/female ends in the center of the wired connector.
- Twist the wires of the LEDs in your project, to the wires on one end of a wired connector.
- Twist the wires on the other end of the wired connector to the jack on the wall adapter.
- Twist the wires on one end of another wired connector to the wires on a battery holder.
- When you're ready to change the power source, unplug the male/female ends of the wired connectors, and plug the other end in.
To create this setup, you'll need 2 sets of wired connectors, 1 wall adapter, and 1 AA battery holder.
The wired connectors work well with our Base Kit for Lighted Structures. The wired connectors make it easy to extend the wires from the project into a battery holder and switch that is hidden in the drawer under the base. So, no need to plug anything into a wall outlet and it makes transporting the project easy!