Joie de Vivre is a 3-story, Art Nouveau-inspired bookshop and printery. The 1:48 (1/4 scale) structure kit is laser cut from MDF and wood, with precise tab and slot construction.
The first floor contains a bookshop. The ceiling of this large space is open to a gallery above, which consists of 2 interior balconies. Arched french doors on one of the balconies lead to an exterior balcony.
The second floor is designed as a reading room. Double french doors open to an exterior balcony, located above the portico. The balcony is the perfect spot for mini people to catch up on some reading while enjoying a café.
The top floor is ready to become a printery. A round window and a dormer give the room an "attic" feel. The ceiling is open to a beautiful, octagon-shape, stained glass skylight.
In designing Joie de Vivre, Carol was inspired by the bold colors and patterns of peacock feathers. Peacock designs are found throughout the structure, including in the stained glass and wallpapers. The color palette is a harmonious blend of greens and blues, punctuated by touches of rose, burgundy and metallic gold. These colors have been carefully chosen to complement C'est la Vie and Oui Wee Lingerie.
The structure kit includes:
- Laser cut MDF walls and floors
- Wood interior and exterior window and door trim
- Ornate, wood balcony railings
- Original design wallpaper, flooring and ceiling papers
- Stained glass windows
- 3D printed spiral staircase
- Octagon-shape skylight
- LED lighting ready, with grooved floors (LED kit sold separately)
- Complete step-by-step instructions (lighting instructions are provided).
Joie de Vivre Bookshop is the third and final piece of the C'est la Vie trilogy.
Size: the structure is 5.5"w x 5.125"d x 11.5"t without the base.
The furnishings are available 2 ways:
- Full Furnishings Kit (complete set; most cost savings) OR
- Individual pieces
Layaway plans are available. More info