This 3V battery holder will power all of our 3V LEDs. Uses 2 AA batteries to power 1-60 LEDs. This may be used as an alternative to the smaller coin cell battery holder and switch unit, which powers up to 10 LEDs.
Connects to LEDs using shrink tubes or black tape. No soldering is needed.
- Includes on/off switch
- Wire leads connect to LEDs
- 2 AA batteries (not included) powers 1 - 30 3V chip size LEDs
Insert 2 AA batteries into the holder. A switch allows the power to be turned on/off. After the switch, a barrel plug receiving end plugs into the jack. Short pieces of red and black wires are connected to the jack. Your LEDs will be twisted to the other end of the red and black wires.
Connecting the LEDs
- Twist the red wire from the switch to all of the red wires on your LEDs; use shrink tube or electrical tape to protect the connection.
- Twist the black wire from the switch to all of the green wires on your LEDs; cover the connection with shrink tube or electrical tape.
- Insert 2 AA batteries into the holder.
- Turn on the switch and enjoy!
Easily change from a wall adapter to a battery - perfect for transporting projects.
- Unplug the male/female ends in the center of the wired connector.
- Twist the wires of the LEDs in your project, to the wires on one end of a wired connector.
- Twist the wires on the other end of the wired connector to the jack on the wall adapter.
- Twist the wires on one end of another wired connector to the wires on a battery holder.
- When you're ready to change the power source, unplug the male/female ends of the wired connectors, and plug the other end in.
Dimensions of the battery holder and wires
- Holder is 1.27" (3.2cm)w x 2.3" (5.8cm)t x 0.6" (1.5cm)d (with batteries)
- The wires extend 6" (15.2cm) from the holder (including switch)
COMPARISON OF 3V POWER SUPPLIES
max. number of chip size LEDs powered
|on/off switch||power source||dimensions|
|3V COIN CELL BATTERY HOLDER||10 chips||Yes||2032 battery||15/16" (24mm) at the widest area. Length: 3/4" (19mm) Depth 7/32" (6mm)|
|3V AA BATTERY HOLDER||30 chips||Yes||2 AA batteries||1.27" (3.2cm)w x 2.3" (5.8cm)t x 0.6" (1.5cm)d|
|3V DC REGULATED WALL ADAPTER||50 chips||Yes||wall outlet||The length of the wire is 57" (145cm). The switch is 6" (15.2cm) from the barrel plug. The wires from the jack are 6" (15.2cm) long.|